Cardio Clear 7 Fungus Hack Arctic BlastThe glycemic index diet was designed to support the control of blood glucose in patients with diabetes. However, nowadays it has become popular for being a great help to lose weight. Diet glycemic index is a tool that has been used for decades as an ally to control blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.
“It is an eating plan based on how food intervenes in blood sugar levels”.
The glycemic index is not as such a dietary regime. However, it is considered one of the ways to guide food choices, just as calorie or carbohydrate counting does. In fact, the best of all is that it is not about following a strict or restrictive regime. Although, it suggests replacing some foods with healthy alternatives, it does not imply eliminating groups of nutrients or maintaining a hypocaloric diet.
So … What exactly does it consist of? To understand it better, let’s see in detail what the glycemic index is.
The glycemic index is a system that was created as a strategy to facilitate food choices for patients with diabetes. Through this method, foods are categorized with carbohydrates based on their ability to increase blood glucose. The measure, so to speak, is obtained from the combination of several physical and chemical factors that interact in a food. For example:
- Processing techniques
- Cooking method
- Maturity level
- Type of starches it contains
- Dietary fiber supply
- Type of carbohydrates
- Fat content
- Acidity level
Therefore, the measurement of GI is obtained from an analysis that measures certain foods to know how much they increase the blood glucose levels of a healthy patient. In this way, while some produce an increase, others allow to keep it stable. Therefore, the IG is divided into 3 types:
- Low: when it is from 1 to 55.
- Medium: if it is from 56 to 69.
- High: equal to or greater than 70.
What is the Purpose of the Glycemic Index Diet?
In the diet of the glycemic index is proposed to eat those foods whose carbohydrates are less likely to produce an increase in blood glucose. In other words, its purpose is to replace high GI foods with low or medium ones. Therefore, this measure helps control high blood sugar levels to facilitate the control of diabetes. However, due to the plan that it proposes, it has also become an interesting alternative to lose weight and improve the quality of life in general.
Other Benefits of the Glycemic Index Diet
- Consumption of foods of greater nutritional value.
- Better rhythm of metabolism and prolonged energy release.
- Optimal physical and mental performance.
- Reduction of insulin demand after eating.
- Control of high cholesterol levels.
How to Make the Diet of the Glycemic Index
Most menus on a diet of the glycemic index propose choosing foods that have low values. Therefore, by attending this suggestion, the control of high glucose is facilitated and the anxiety that leads to overeating is reduced.
- Fruits of low glycemic index (berries, plums, kiwi, grapefruit, etc.)
- Vegetables without starches
- Whole grains and nuts
- Lean meats and fish
- Low-fat and sugar-free dairy products
- Bread and bakery products
- Refined cereals
- Starchy vegetables
- Noodles or pasta
- White rice
- White flour
- Whole Dairy
- Salty or packaged snacks
- Sports drinks and refreshments
Example of Menu for a Diet of the Glycemic Index
To begin with, when making the diet of the glycemic index, it is essential to know what the corresponding value of each food is. In this way, not only is it clear which are the most convenient, but the menus are varied for a more balanced diet. Below we share an example of how a menu can be following the model of this diet. However, all meals can be varied according to the suggestions given. You just have to start up your creativity and adapt to your preferences the healthy options that we offer you.
- Low-fat yogurt with fruits and three whole-grain crackers.
- Bowl of oat flakes with skimmed milk and chopped fruit.
- Infusion, whole wheat toast with tomato and orange juice.
- Almond or oat vegetable milk
- Handful of nuts (20 or 30 g)
- Fruit salad
- Tomato soup, aubergine au gratin and fruit salad.
- Mixed salad and grilled breast.
- Vegetable broth, salad with bean sprouts and stuffed tomato.
- Yogurt skimmed with a teaspoon of oat bran.
- Bowl of chopped fruit with oats.
- Fruit and vegetable smoothie
- Green salad with flax seeds, portion of tuna and roasted apple.
- Vegetable consomme and egg white French omelet.
- Vegetables with fine herbs and roasted chicken breast.
In conclusion, the choice of foods with low glycemic index can help improve the diet supporting the treatment of diabetes or weight control. Therefore, this plan proposes a more balanced diet, measured in fats, carbohydrates and calories.
Do not forget that if you suffer from any disease or have any physical complication, you should consult your doctor before starting any diet. In addition, this method does not replace a specific medical treatment.
glycemic index food chart, low glycemic diet plan, glycemic index food list chart, low glycemic diet for weight loss, glycemic index calculator, low glycemic index foods list pdf, low gi diet 12-week weight-loss plan, low glycemic diet recipes, iceconnect.org, ice connect, iceconnect
#glycemicindexfoodchart #lowglycemicdietplan #glycemicindexfoodlistchart #lowglycemicdietforweightloss #glycemicindexcalculator #lowglycemicindexfoodslistpdf #lowgidiet12-weekweight-lossplan #lowglycemicdietrecipes #iceconnectorg #iceconnect