Thanks to its contribution of proteins, vitamins and minerals, these shakes help us to face the day with energy and allow us to satisfy the appetite until lunchtime. Breakfast with protein-rich shakes help us, on the one hand, to keep our appetite controlled throughout the morning and, in addition, to obtain the energy necessary to start the day. Did you know that the habit of not having breakfast can cause us to end up gaining weight in the short term? So is. The metabolism slows down and we arrive at the main meal of the day with more cravings, so that we end up filling our plates more. Instead, start the day with a breakfast rich in protein is something as healthy as recommended.
We invite you to try four delicious smoothies that will help you regulate your weight and obtain the basic nutrients to face the first hours with more vitality.
1. Spirulina Shake
This is one of the best protein-rich shakes to recover energy. If you are going through a time when stress and anxiety are weakening your immune system, it would be appropriate to include this shake in your breakfast twice a week.
You will obtain the following nutrients:
- Essential fatty acids
- Vitamins (A, B, E and H)
- 1 teaspoon spirulina powder (5 g)
- A glass of oat vegetable drink (200 ml)
- 1 teaspoon ground hazelnut (5 g)
- Half green apple
- It is very simple. The first thing you should do is to have prepared the oatmeal drink. It is common to market it enriched in vitamins, which will be even more appropriate.
- Pour it into the glass of the blender and add the half peeled green apple, the teaspoon of spirulina and the teaspoon of ground hazelnut.
- Get a homogeneous mixture and, if you wish, complement your breakfast with some eggs. Delicious!
2. Smoothie of Banana, Strawberries and Nuts
This is one of the most well-known and easy-to-prepare protein-rich shakes. It has multiple vitamins, antioxidants and minerals very suitable to start the day and combat fatigue. Keep in mind that this type of natural drinks are more recommendable to take during the mornings, since we will digest them better and they will give us the necessary energy to reduce the headache and improve our concentration.
- 1 banana at its point of ripeness
- 1 glass of skimmed milk or a glass of some vegetable drink (200 ml)
- 5 strawberries
- 5 nuts
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- We will start by cleaning the strawberries well and cutting them in half. Then, in the blender, you only have to include the glass of skimmed milk, the banana cut into pieces, the chopped nuts and that spoonful of honey.
- Beat until the ingredients are well integrated.
The taste is sensational. Take it freshly made and accompany your breakfast with a rye toast with a little olive oil. You will see how good it feels to you.
3. Coffee-Rich Protein Shakes
If it is impossible for you to start the day without a good cup of coffee, here is a delicious option with which to prepare a rich cappuccino with plenty of vitamins, minerals and proteins. You’ll love it!
- 1 cup of coffee (100 ml)
- 1 cup vegetable or hazelnut drink (100 ml)
- ½ teaspoon of chocolate protein (2 g)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (3 g)
- 2 ice cubes
- Sweetener (to taste)
- Chocolate protein can be found in pharmacies or in health food stores. It contains a high energy value and is also very suitable for the whole family.
- In our case, it will help us to get a delicious capuccino . So, once you have prepared your coffee, add it in your blender together with the vegetable hazelnut drink or walnuts and two grams of this chocolate protein.
- Also includes cinnamon powder, ice cubes and the sweetener you want. Beat well, so that the ice and all the components are well homogenized.
- It is a refreshing drink that will also help you to clear your mind.
4. High-Protein Blueberry-Based Smoothie
This is one of the healthiest protein-rich smoothies you can consume. We can prepare it when we have natural blueberries. In any case, it is also possible to replace it with strawberries.
“A combination rich in antioxidants, proteins and minerals that will also allow you to feel satiated all morning”.
Take note and enjoy it!
- 3 tablespoons of strawberry gelatin (20 g)
- 150 ml of almond milk
- 20 g of blueberries
- 1 kiwi
- Honey (optional)
- In our protein-rich shake we will include a bit of ready-made strawberry gelatin. At the time of beating it will be more or less homogenized and we will benefit from its properties.
- Add in your blender the almond milk, the clean blueberries and the kiwi already peeled and cut into pieces. Get a well homogenous drink and sweeten it, if you wish, with a little honey. However, the taste is already very appropriate as long as the blueberries (or failing that, the strawberries) and the kiwi is mature enough.
To complete this breakfast, accompany your cranberry smoothie with toast with ham and a few rocket leaves. In this way, you will fight against fatigue and arrive at the main meal of the day without chopping between meals.